East Fork - Perintown

Was able to get down part of the East Fork of the Little Miami in a kayak.  I put in at Perintown at the Roundbottom Rd bridge.  The Perintown USGS gauge at the bridge was reading 2.5' when I put in.  This wound up being a pretty good level.  The water was fairly clear and flowing.  I had to get out and pull the kayak three times on the stretch from Perintown to the mouth of the East Fork where it hits the main branch of the LMR.  I'm going to try another trip in the canoe.  I really don't think I would have had to get out to pull the canoe any more often.  The nice part is there was NOBODY out there.  I saw a total of zero boats and a total of zero people despite it being a sunny Sunday in June.  When I hit the LMR at the mouth of the East Fork it was slammed with people.  Caught seven different species of fish including my personal best walleye.

Personal best walleye.  23" @5lb.


Quillback.
Gar.
Spiny Softshell
There was a right of way marked at the Roundbottom Road bridge which was where I put in.  The right of way is right at the bridge where Binning Rd intersects Roundbottom.

Put-in.........: Roundbottom Road Bridge, Perintown OH.
Take-out.......: Bass Island
Miles..........: 9.8
Miles to Date..: 247.1
Map Used.......: Little Miami
Fish...........: Saugeye, Walleye, White Bass, Smallmouth, Large Mouth, Quillback, Gar.

No comments: